Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday-Wednesday, 04/09-10/13

Composition
1. VPP16 word picture
2. Myth beings notes on chapter 1 - due Tuesday (all 95 beings!!!)
3. Myth cards project - also due Tuesday (we will present then!!!)
Resources~
Magic: The Gathering Card (make sure it's a "creature" card)
Yu-Gi-Oh Card (make sure it's a "monster" card)
Pokemon Card

English H I
1. VPP16 word picture
2. JOTF #5, p. 32-38 "Fire on the Mountain"
3. JOTF #6, p. 39-47 "Fire on the Mountain"

English H II
1. VPP16 word picture
2. Read Siddhartha chapter 1 (quiz Thursday).
3. Begin your Ascetic Journals!
Details:
-Choose one thing to give up
-Make one entry every night (1-4 paragraphs)
-Label each entry with the day’s date (we will go for two weeks)
-All entries together on looseleaf or a journal/notebook (up to you)
Example~
Day 4 – 03/15/11
Today was rough. The first few days I didn’t really miss my cell phone that much – I mean, it was tough not to be able to make calls, but I sort of enjoyed the freedom of not being tied down to messages and responding back to people. This morning was different, though. I heard that Laura had texted me about what Matt said last night, and I really wanted to talk to her about it. I was aching to text her or call her, but I got to school with just enough time to meet with my wonderful English teacher and get the stuff from my locker before class started. I saw Matt in the hallway and I didn’t know what I wanted to say. I feel like not having this phone is…(etc etc)

No comments: